Silberra Pan 160 - 35mm - 36Regular price €7,50
Silberra Pan 160 - 35mm - 36
Silberra PAN160 is a panchromatic negative black and white photo film with an ISO value of 160. Superfine grain, wide tonal range, perfect sharpness, and high contrast are typical for Silberra PAN160 film.
Here are the main features of Silberra PAN series:
1) Low noise, low fog level, and extremely fine grain are the special features of emulsion used for Silberra PAN films;
2) Silberra PAN films were derived from Agfa films for surveillance, by widening the dynamic range, lowering contrast, and saving several specials, which include:
- extremely high resolution and ideal sharpness of the image;
- ability to provide superior detail level through the whole tonal range;
- higher sensitivity for a near-IR spectrum of light, which not only provides you near IR effects when shooting landscapes but offers you higher details in twilights or while shooting the scenes with insufficient light level
- Silberra PAN films have a special anti-curling layer, which makes drying much easier (there is no need for additional weights or clips on the bottom of the stripe when drying: the film won't curl);
- The emulsion is coated upon a clear polyester base which offers ultimate stability of the material and perfect optical properties; the thickness of the substrate is 0.1 mm and it has an excellent antihalo layer on the outer side to grant you an excellent sharpness of the image;
- Special formulae of the polyester base and protective layers provide scratch resistance, prevent water traces, and offer in-built anti-static properties, which makes any Silberra PAN film very convenient for hybrid and classic processing;
- Silberra PAN series is perfect for use in street photography, portrait photography, landscape, and architectural photography. Special features of 2-layer emulsion make this film ideal to use at dusk/dawn, in winter, and at complicated lighting ambiance.
The developing process (depending on the specific developer) can infuse into the final image such features as adamant gloss within bright areas accompanied by highly detailed shadows, or make the final image reasonably even along the whole light spectrum.
Silberra PAN films are optimal for use in natural light. Using the film in artificial light is subject to preliminary tests due to high sensitivity in the reds and near-IR light spectrum. We recommend shooting several frames and processing those prior to any professional photo sessions in studios. Choosing the color temperature of artificial light sources and their power is vital to obtain predictably perfect results.
Silberra PAN160 is able to provide excellent images in cloudy weather, in fog, and at dusk. The final image will have perfect shadow details preserving the overall high resolution (210 lines/mm at 1000:1 TOC contrast).
Officially the exposure range for Silberra PAN160 – 100, 160, and 250ISO. Lowering the sensitivity below 100 may cause a loss of reasonable contrast while increasing the sensitivity over 250 could increase the graininess and noise level.
Using yellow filters provides increased contrast and lowers the overall sensitivity of emulsion. Using the filters you shall bear in mind the next exposition multipliers (besides the coefficient of the filter itself):
Yellow filter - 1.5;
Dark yellow/ orange filter – 1.8;
Red filter – 3 or 4 depending on the wavelength of the filter;
The archival capacity of Silberra PAN 160 is not confirmed practically; the guaranteed archival storage period thus is stated as over 10 years without image quality loss. Silberra recommends archival storage using special archival file sleeves in cold (below 20 degrees of Celsius), dry and cool place.
- New Film Stock.
- Package Contains: 1 Roll.
- Brand: Silberra.
- Film Format: 35mm Film.
- Film type: Black and White Film.
- ISO: 160.
- Exposures: 36 Frames.
- Grain: Fine Grain.
- Contrast: High.
- Sharpness: High.